Description of the postdoctoral position
The candidate is expected to carry out research on topics related to “teacher’s policy, teaching practices and pre and in- service teacher education” at the Center for Advanced Research in Education (CIAE) of the Institute of Education at the Universidad de Chile. Specifically, the candidate might work on issues related to teachers’ performance, career, effectiveness, formal and school-based learning, as well as comparative teacher-related policies. The candidate is expected to collaborate actively with researchers in this area and other related ones in CIAE. Our Research Center is located in the city of Santiago, the capital of Chile.
- A PhD degree in Education, Sociology, Economics or a related discipline awarded between September, 2019 and March 30, 2021.
- Relevant scientific publications.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience in interdisciplinary collaboration is highly desirable.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not mandatory.
- Strong academic education and advanced skills in qualitative and/or quantitative education research methods.
The candidate must present a brief research proposal (not longer than 3,000 words) in line with the research areas described above. The proposal must describe the aim of the research, methodology, research plan and its contribution to the education field.
Documents needed for the application
The application process will be opened until March 30, 2021.
- Curriculum vitae, including publication list
- A letter stating reasons for applying (up to 2 pages)
- Two recent reference letters, focusing on the candidate’s academic work and research skills as well as experience in collaborative work.
Information about the position
- The candidate will be fully dedicated to research in an active research-oriented environment, with no teaching duties
- Expected Duration: One year. After this year, the candidate is expected to apply for external funding. The Chilean National Agency of Research and Development (ANID) holds a yearly public competitive call for postdoctoral scholarships.
- Financial information
o Monthly salary: 1,800,000 Chilean pesos (before taxes; approx. 2,700 US dollars)
o Flight ticket (round trip) to Santiago, Chile will be covered
 As a reference, renting a furnished apartment nearby CIAE costs about 800 US dollars per month.